Water Filtration and Purification
Water is an absolute necessity of life. It takes up about 60% of your body and is involved in many essential body functions. Water also plays a critical role in carrying out many of the body’s chemical reactions. Without water, parts of your body such as the skin would lack their proper shape and fullness. This article will go into detail about the importance of water filtration so that you’re drinking the best quality of your water to keep you healthy.
Water filtering is a process used to filter out undesired chemical compounds, organic and inorganic materials, and biological contaminants from water. The purpose of water filtration is to provide clean drinking purified water. Water filtration is essential when you are living off the grid or need to get clean drinking water to use.
Although similar to water filtration, water purification focuses more on removing all impurities from the water. The impurities focused on in water purification are those that relate to the overall safety of the water such as biological contaminants, viruses, chemicals, and other unseen materials. Water purification works as a chemical process usually using either iodine or chlorine. Water purification is important to remember though that simply purifying water cannot always remove other impurities found in the water.
When living off the grid, it is important to know that you will need both a water filtration and purification system to ensure the water is clean and safe from any harmful bacteria that can cause serious illnesses.
All Star Plumbing provides the best water filtration and purification systems in Winston Salem NC. For more information about water purification and water filter give us a call today!
Importance of Water Filtration and Water Purification
Due to the high risk associated with impure water, the demand for water filtration has never been higher. Our natural resources are also under pressure, as we grapple with pollution, climate change, and a rapidly growing population. Unfortunately, tap water, which is meant to be safe for drinking, can be quite harmful as contaminants affect overall water quality. Additionally, physical, chemical, and microbiological impurities from various water sources make water even more unsafe for consumption.
Boiling water used to be sufficient enough to kill many germs and bacteria, making it safe to consume. It’s crucial to understand the importance of water filtration, and purification options to keep your family’s drinking water safe. Water filters remove bacteria and harmful chemicals which can cause diseases and poor health. Here are some of the reasons to filter your water:
Reasons to Filter Your Drinking Water
- Filtering water can result in not only better tasting, but also better smelling water by removing chemicals, pesticides, chlorine, bacterial contaminants, and heavy metals.
- Point-of-use water treatment filters remove a wide range of contaminants from drinking water including chlorine, chemicals, and up to 240 other volatile organic compounds.
- By removing giardia, e-coli, and cryptosporidium, a water filtration system like reverse osmosis technology has been shown to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 80%.
- Water filters act as the last line of defense against over 2,100 known toxins that may enter the body through drinking water.
- Carbon water filters are designed to selectively remove toxic contaminants from drinking water and still retain healthy mineral deposits that help to balance the pH of drinking water.
- Drinking clean, filtered water leads to general overall wellbeing and also helps to prevent disease.
Given the significance of water in sustaining life, it’s no surprise that access to clean water is a basic human right. Your body needs safe drinking water for it to remain healthy. Impure water, on the other hand, can be very deadly. That’s why the importance of water filtration is incredibly high. Water filtration experts at All Star Plumbing will be able to help you with anything ranging from whole-house water filtration systems to water softeners to improve the water quality in your home.
Types of Drinking Water Filters
Here are the most popular types of water filters in the NC market to help you make an educated decision about what water filters make the most sense for your home.
Here’s a list of popular water filter types on the market:
- Activated Carbon – It’s good for the removal of chlorine, chloroform, agricultural chemicals, organic substances, sediment, and magnesium.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) – this is best for the effective removal of a high percentage of toxins including fluoride, hexavalent chromium, arsenic, nitrates/nitrites, copper, radium, salt, and more.
- Ion Exchange – the top choice for the removal of hard water and radioactive material.
- Mechanical – good for the removal of physical particles and waste matter.
- Ultra Violet Filters – best for removal of bacteria, living organisms, and viruses.
All Star Plumbing provides water filtration in Winston Salem NC and water purification in High Point NC. Our team of professionals is ready to serve you, contact us today to book an appointment!